Have you experienced a continuous sound of water dripping at night or even in days? Relax! There is nothing horror in it. It is just a faulty leaking faucet that might have been worn out or broken, resulting in water dripping. Well! The sound of water drop by drop falling in the washbasin or kitchen basin is quite irritating because it feels like someone is continuously hammering the head. Also, we have to admit that it will increase your water bill amount as the water is being wasted, which is not good. In the following article, we get to know about How to fix a leaky faucet? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
What are the reasons behind a leaking faucet?
- A leaking faucet is a result of many reasons. A few of them are stated below:
- The cartridge of your faucet might be damaged, which has resulted in water dripping. Note that the cartridge helps act as a controller of the water flow, either cold or warm, into the faucet.
- It might be possible that the washer of your faucet has worn out due to continuous friction and rotation. That is why you are facing water leakage.
- In some residential areas, the fluctuating flow and pressure of water can cause water dripping, which can be unpleasant.
How to fix it?
You can follow several steps to ensure that you do not have a dripping faucet anymore. There is no need to call a plumber and let him fix this teeny tiny task for you. You can save a good amount by learning how to fix it. You will have to follow the given steps below to ensure that you can solve this problem.
- For the safe side, it is advised to turn off the main water supply so that you may not waste a bulk amount of water for no reason.
- When you are done with it, you can detach the faucet handles by using pliers of heavy crew gauge to grip and loosen the faucet connection.
- Then it is time to remove the cartridge and clean it up to see any breakage or damage.
- Repair the damaged parts or purchase the new parts that are broken down.
- If you want to clean it properly, you can drop some vinegar on it and leave it for some time so that when you remove it, all the brassiness is washed away, and you get a new faucet that is very clean.
Also read: how to clean grout.