We tell you how to combat toenail fungus with a simple but effective natural remedy: baking soda. In the following article, we get to know about How to get rid of toenail fungus? So don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it’s going to be very useful for you guys.
The proliferation of different types of nail fungus is a condition also known as onychomycosis. It is pretty standard for toenail fungus to appear, although it can also appear on the fingernails, and they are usually caused by parasites or microorganisms called dermatophytes.
Although you should go to the dermatologist at the first symptom to examine your nails and determine the appropriate treatment, you can also use some natural remedies along with medication to reduce the discomfort of these unpleasant parasites. Find out how to remove fungus from fingernails and toenails without complications.
Benefits of baking soda for nails
First of all, if you have never suffered from this condition, you should know that some symptoms of onychomycosis are to get rid of toenail fungus: a yellowish colour in the affected area, thickening of the nails or even their breakage or bad smell in the most critical cases.
Sodium bicarbonate, a remedy of natural origin used above all for cleaning the home and kitchen, is currently used for health and aesthetic purposes, thanks to its healthy properties. Here are some benefits of baking soda on the skin and different types of fungi:
- It is an excellent remedy for treating finger and toenail fungus, as it has excellent antifungal, alkaline and antiseptic properties. This makes it an ideal product to alleviate and combat the symptoms of these skin infections.
- In addition, sodium bicarbonate has a decisive exfoliating action, very useful to remove dead cells that accumulate in the external area of the dermis. In this way, you can stop the growth of these parasites that usually lodge in the nails.
- On the other hand, this product provides regulatory properties that control the pH of our nails and skin. This reduces excessive sweating on the feet and hands, thus preventing the appearance of fungus in the feet and hands and helping to reduce them if they have already appeared.
- To conclude, baking soda has whitening properties that help eliminate the yellowing of the nails caused by different types of fungus.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar to fight fungus
- In addition to baking soda, we can also use another star product to eliminate fungus in the nails of the hands and feet: apple cider vinegar. This food seasoning also works as a powerful home remedy to combat the different types of nail fungus thanks to its properties, which are the following:
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in malic and acetic acid, which give it excellent alkaline properties. This helps stop infections caused by different types of fungi and bacteria, such as those on the nails.
- It also has properties that regulate the skin’s pH, which alter the composition so that fungi cannot increase. In this way, its topical use contributes to preventing and reducing fungus in the nails of the feet and hands to get rid of toenail fungus.
- In addition, its high content of various acids gives apple cider vinegar antifungal properties and antibacterial properties, which helps alleviate the symptoms caused by these parasites.
- Finally, vinegar comprises various nutrients, such as bioflavonoids, fibre, minerals, and vitamins. These nutrients help us to improve the health of the skin of our feet and, therefore, we will be preventing both infections caused by various types of fungi and other skin problems
How to eliminate fungus in the nails of the hands and feet:
Remember that before using any home remedy, it is recommended that you go to a dermatologist. This specialist will recommend the best treatment according to the types of fungus on your nails. Once you have your medication for onychomycosis, you can supplement it with the home remedy that we show you below.
- Six glasses of mineral water
- 1/2 glass of apple cider vinegar
- Seven tablespoons of baking soda
Elaboration and application:
- To start, heat the water in a pot until it is hot, but without boiling, because afterwards, you will have to put your feet or hands in it. When it’s hot, pour it into a bowl and add the apple cider vinegar.
- The next step will be to put your feet or hands into the basin with water and vinegar and let them rest for about 15 minutes to be effective.
- After this time, dry your feet or hands very well with a clean towel. Then, apply the baking soda to your nails directly.
- You must bear in mind that, for the bicarbonate to absorb in the best possible way, you will have to rub it on the nails, massaging it gently in circles. When you did, leave for another 15 minutes to eliminate finger and toenail fungus.
- After 15 minutes, we will only have to rinse the affected area with plenty of warm water and. Once again, dry it very well since humidity is one of the causes of different types of fungi.
To obtain good results with this natural treatment. You must repeat this procedure daily until you check. That your nails look better. Try to place your fingers wide open. Both hands and feet. So that the vinegar and bicarbonate get well to the entire affected area. And if it does not improve. You should return to the dermatologist to re-examine the fungus in the nails of the feet or hands.
Also read: how to check blood pressure